Thursday 14 July 2011

A Cynical Mood

I am in a fairly bitter and cynical mood today with little reason but it seems to be making me a bit of a bastard in my thoughts at least. I have come across several things today whilst wasting my time on the internet and all ready I feel the desire to publish little links and comments full of spite. But I stop myself and it’s given me a sight in to how much people must lie to each other (as I am sure I’m not the only one).
So many of us claim to be honest people, open with our thoughts and feelings, in many cases it’s just taken as accepted. But I am not particularly honest and I should imagine that was I a bit looser with my thoughts and feelings I would upset, and offend and end up even more bitter and twisted and alone. What would happen if everyone took just one day in which they posted things as they thought them, if they just said what they meant, if they answered every question with a truly honest answer? What would we find out about each other? About ourselves?
Maybe it’s just today’s strange tide of cynicism in me but I think we would find that we are more than we could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment